99904A Cascade Lift Tower Takeover Tray Bot

I would love to present to everyone our worlds robot from the Tower Takeover season, a tray bot with a cascade lift.

99904A Worlds Reveal

Unfortunately due to quarantine, the filming for this reveal was severely delayed and wasn’t able to be finished until now.

57 Likes

Love this reveal!
:+1:

10 Likes

That… blew my mind. I have lots of questions:

• Did you ever have issues with the brain ports for the intakes burning out? This season I discovered the hard way that longer wires = more likely to burn out the port.
  • Not exactly a question, but very impressed by lifting that all with one motor. (How?)
  • Now that I think about it, that’s not too many questions.
10 Likes

Unfortunately did have quite a bit of issues with the long wires blowing the ports for the intakes and tilter (mostly the intakes)

As for the second question… you’re going to find this answer outrageous, but we actually ran with a two motor drive (I know I know) and a 3 motor lift.

No, I would not advise running a 2 motor drive at all, but in order for us to achieve the speed and power we wanted in our lift, we stole some motors from the drive. The only noticeable difference between a 2m drive and a 4m drive is slightly slower turning and a big reduction in pushing back against defense. However, with the insane amount of dq rules against defense during TT, that drawback was less prevalent than you might think. The drive was 1:1 200 rpm.

15 Likes

Clicking the heart button cannot accurately express my amazement at this robot

5 Likes

Probably my favorite reveal this last season.

5 Likes

Really impressive bot, and the music choice is :ok_hand:.

4 Likes

Best reveal of Tower Takeover. Hands down.

5 Likes

Screenshot_20200527-174224_Chrome

The difference between these two numbers is larger than ideal.

7 Likes

Well, some people (myself included) may have clicked on it more than once. But yes, there are definitely people who didn’t :heart: it. Those people deserve to use a clawbot. (Not that it would be so terrible in this year’s game. :wink:)

6 Likes

neat robot! not especially practical, but then a cascade lift never is especially practical. very unique, which I assume was the reason for a cascade over a dr4b.

4 Likes

that robot is amazing!

amazing job!

3 Likes

Honestly one of the coolest designs I’ve seen for tower takeover, great job!

Love this but I have 1 question, Did you lose a lot of cubes from your ramp being so steep?

We actually never ran into the problem of losing cubes because of the tray angle, however, the steep tray angle did make tuning compression a lot more difficult

4 Likes

We had problems and our ramp is really steep it was not great.