A I competition?

Screenshot_20200328-183539

9 Likes

Yes, this was announced a few months ago. Some VEXU teams currently have the parts and stuff. There was supposed to be a demo at worlds this year. They were to play a match of Tower Takeover, but fully autonomously.

10 Likes

I think WPI was the first team to have a fully autonomous robot at worlds.
NBN:

Starstruck:

8 Likes

Was wondering when someone would notice this on the forums, VEXU teams got an email about this back in January but I don’t think it was publicly announced other than that. Here’s the email we got:

6 Likes

Dan Mantz mentioned abt this to me.
I was very excited abt it actually, and one of those new things that I was hoping to take a look for this worlds.

Let’s hope there will still be some sort of a proper launch for this event.

12 Likes

I know and I am so excited they announced this competition.
@Bob_Mimlitch_III probably the most exciting announcement from vex in years. At least for me :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ooh, sounds nice, I was thinking about making a super dumbed down self driving bot with just vex stuff

2 Likes

From what I understand it is supposed to be practically 100% autonomous with lots of sensors being used.

4 Likes

It is aimed at VEXU and more using non vex sensors because they are more powerful for something like that. You want a camera that can recognize the objects not just the color. You also need a way to transmit the data and video which you can’t do with vex stuff only.

5 Likes