Announcing the first annual VEX IQ “Read the Manual” contest, sponsored by VEX Team VIRUS (MCCC & 3547). The contest is open to all VEX-IQ (Elementary and Middle School) students, with an appropriate amount of help from parents or coaches. The prize for the winner is a VEX IQ Superkit foam organizer ($19.99 value), as manufactured by our team for sale at robosource.net and robotmesh.com
Read the 2020-2021 VEX IQ Robotics Competition game manual. You can download a copy of the game manual here: https://content.vexrobotics.com/docs/viqc-rise-above/GameManual.pdf
Answer the 10 questions on the entry form.
Return the entry form by Private Message to “kmmohn” on the VEX Forum.
One entry per robotics team (for example team 123A, 123B, and 123C may each enter the contest with one entry, a total of three entries for the 123 organization).
The winner will be selected by random drawing from all the entries received by midnight EST on May 6.
The winning team will be contacted via private message to arrange for delivery of the prize.
Here’s the fine print:
The VEX Team VIRUS Read-the-Manual contest is sponsored by the Faculty Advisor of the MCCC VEX-U team. There is no affiliation with VEX, RECF, Monroe County Community College, Robotmesh.com or Robosource.net. By entering the contest, you agree to accept the drawing results without contesting them when they are announced. Members of VEX Team 3547: VIRUS are not eligible to enter the contest.
- How many VEXIQ Smart Motors are allowed for the 2020-21?
- What is the starting position for the robot?
- Can the robot expand from the starting size once the game begins? If so, is the expansion limited or unlimited?
- What is the limit to the number of game objects the robot may possess?
- What are all the various ways to score points during Driver Control?
- What happens to a game element that falls out of the field?
- If a robot becomes disabled and removed from the field for repair during the Teamwork Challenge, what happens to any game object that was being held by the robot?
- Can a metal shaft be cut to a custom length?
- Can a plastic beam be cut to a custom length?
- During the Skills challenge, what happens to a game element being held by the robot if the robot is handled and returned to the starting zone.