My team is having trouble getting our cascade to work well. We keep running into the issue that the motors either don’t have enough torque to lift it up fully, or they burn out way to quickly. We’ve tried gearing down green motors slightly and they burn out too quickly, but blue motors directly on the pulley shaft has not even close to enough torque, even though I’ve seen other teams doing this. We have been using Paracord, but it’s too big and creates too much friction so we are in the process of trying fishing line. If anyone has tips on what motors/gear ratios to use or what string to use it would be greatly appreciated. I don’t have access to pictures right now but I will add some as soon as possible. We use WD40 white lithium grease to lubricate our cascade, and all of our c-channels are brand new (at least since we built the cascade). I have a feeling that we are not rigging it correctly or our string guides are not designed well, but I’m not sure. Also if there is any way to make it taller without lengthening the c-channel I would greatly appreciate advice on that.


