Change Up Goal Descoring Spacing

It says on page 10 of the field specs document the gap that you descore balls from (between the top of the bottom ring and the bottom of the next ring) is 6.13".
However, the balls are only 6.3", which would make descoring pretty difficult as I assume there wouldn’t be a whole lot of flex in the field elements.
I also looked at the 3d field model vex released and it looks like that gap is about 6.54".
In the game reveal video it looks like the gap is slightly bigger than the balls and they can get out without much force.
Does anybody know if this is an error in the field specs document or is force required?
Thanks!

3 Likes

It looks like the balls can be pushed out without a lot of force. I don’t think that it requires the ball to be squeezed through.

1 Like

The goal flexes a lot, watch the game reveal video. Its not hard to descore

3 Likes

I realized this too and I think it might be an error in the game manual or the goal would flex since there is no support on the bottom to prevent it

2 Likes

I watched the video frame by frame and I agree it does flex quite a bit, although im not fully convinced that its widening that much. I also had another look at the 3d model in an imperial unit environment and its definitely 6.5" on there. If it is the case that the field spec document is correct then is the 3d model wrong?
Edit: the scale of the model I have is definitely correct because the overall height of the goal is 18.41"

It seems the center goal has slightly more space in the bottom than the side goals do.

Oh okay you’re right, It says on page 11 that the center goal has 6.5" clearance, and the wall (page 10) and corner (page 12) goals have 6.13". The cad for the wall and corner goals also says 6.13.

The manual was updated to add a tolerance.

2 Likes

Oh, thanks!

I hadn’t even learned about this yet since it was such a recent development