One of the teams in my school can not actually get the editor to work. Is it allowed to use VS Code and just make the compiler for the vex robot a build process instead because the regular vex code pro v5 is not working correctly?
I can not find anything on this issue. What are the allowed compilers and editors to use for the competition?
The choices for programing the V5 are
VEXcode V5
VEXcode Pro V5
Visual studio code with either the vex robotics extension or the PROS extension providing build and download support.
To add to @jpearman’s list, there aren’t really “allowed” and “not allowed” compilers or especially editors. There are just the solutions which have been developed by VEX as well as the community. For example, on the editor side of things you can use basically any editor you want with the PROS CLI (though this may take some configuring on your part). I use CLion with the PROS CLI personally. I believe VEX also has some CLI utilities that could be used with other editors, but I don’t have much experience with them and I’m not sure how extensive they are.
But if you’re wanting a more out of the box working solution then the list is pretty much what @jpearman gave, with the addition of Simulink.