Compiling Error in Pros on Mac

Whenever I try to compile code in the PROS Editor, I get the following error message:

-n Adding timestamp
-e \x1b[32;01m[OK]\x1b[0m
-n Linking project with libpros,okapilib
-e \x1b[31;01m[ERRORS]\x1b[0m
/usr/local/Cellar/arm-gcc-bin/8-2019-q3-update/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/8.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /usr/local/Cellar/arm-gcc-bin/8-2019-q3-update/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/8.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/lib/libstdc++.a(cxx11-ios_failure.o): in function (anonymous namespace)::__io_category_instance()': cxx11-ios_failure.cc:(.text._ZN12_GLOBAL__N_122__io_category_instanceEv+0xc): undefined reference to __sync_synchronize’
/usr/local/Cellar/arm-gcc-bin/8-2019-q3-update/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/8.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /usr/local/Cellar/arm-gcc-bin/8-2019-q3-update/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/8.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/lib/libstdc++.a(locale.o): in function std::locale::_Impl::_M_install_cache(std::locale::facet const*, unsigned int)': locale.cc:(.text._ZNSt6locale5_Impl16_M_install_cacheEPKNS_5facetEj+0x18): undefined reference to __sync_synchronize’
/usr/local/Cellar/arm-gcc-bin/8-2019-q3-update/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/8.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /usr/local/Cellar/arm-gcc-bin/8-2019-q3-update/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/8.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/lib/libstdc++.a(locale_init.o): in function (anonymous namespace)::get_locale_mutex()': locale_init.cc:(.text._ZN12_GLOBAL__N_116get_locale_mutexEv+0xc): undefined reference to __sync_synchronize’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/monolith.elf] Error 1
Error: Failed to build

This happens for whatever I try to compile. I doubt its an issue with the actual code since my other teammate can compile fine from his laptop. Any suggestions for a fix would be appreciated. Thanks.

If the same code compiles on another laptop, please, verify that both PROS installations have the same version and that you transfer all files and all subdirectories that belong to your project.

Additionally, please, read this useful topic regarding PROS reinstallation:

1 Like

Are you sure you are on the latest version of the kernel in your project?
I believe the __sync_synchronize issue with macs was fixed.
It is possible you need to update your toolchain, or maybe install an older version.
First try updating everything.

3 Likes