If my team wants to make a Double reverse 4 bar lift for the vex override season how could we make it so that it doesn’t move in a sort of clicking way. I have never completed a DR4B before so I don’t know how to code it either.
What do you mean by a “sort of clicking way”? Do you mean the gears slipping?
If so, then the slippage is probably caused by lift arms being twisted outward, which pulls the teeth away from each other and letting it slip. There are a few fixes for this:
- use a high strength axle so it cannot bent outward
- screw in your gears directly into the c-channel
- brace it properly
- space the gears right
I don’t know if this is the specific issue you are talking about, but some of the suggestions above should fix it if that is the issue.
I am not certain what you mean by clicking but I think it is just a misunderstanding of a DR4B. The lift can be in any position along its path of extension. You might have thought it moves choppy because of the gears? Correct me if my guesses are wrong.
You can do standoff linkage DR4B
There is a page for it on Purdue
Just make sure you build the frame so that it works perfectly on its own and then put the motors on. Also, don’t use lock bars, attach the gears to the metal so that it has to move synchronously and can’t break.
Thank you all but my team has changed to a cascade so if you have any advice on that I will be happy to hear it.
No friction at all for the cascade lift. Also don’t attach your spacers super tight, let them spin just a little bit on the sliders.