Flex Wheels Updates From VEX

We’ve found that over time isopropyl alcohol can dry out the rubber.

have you also tested with baby wipes (we have specifically ones with Cocamidopropyl Betaine)?

We have not tested with baby wipes.

maybe @DRow can help with this :thinking:

Are Versa hubs not Vex U only as they are Vex Pro. We got docked during a competition check-in for having them and we had to remove all of them in short notice.

There are a couple of Q&As about this, I think, that specifically list the legal Versa hubs for VRC.

There is. This Q&A can be found here:
https://www.robotevents.com/VRC/2022-2023/QA/1335

Wd40? Yikes. What a mess. Seems like a typo that should have been ‘windex’ instead.

Depending on the compounds used… I could see it attacking the rubber rollers over time, not to mention the issues brought up already.

Just saw this thread bumped, and I have an idea for something I’d like to see: how does vex engineering come up with new products? do you all realize that there is a part that you wish you had while building something, and design it and get it made?
not sure how much you can actually share or if there are any like legal things that would stop you from sharing the process or anything like that, but just a suggestion.
Thanks!