🤨 Forum Icon Shrinking?

Forum splash screen

Last night
Screenshot_20220911-220155

This morning
Screenshot_20220912-082032

The icon has been gradually shrinking over the last few days, does anyone know what’s up with this? @Brandon_Martus? Is this intentional? If it is intentional, it’s very funny.

30 Likes

Curious…and curiouser.

vex forum

38 Likes

vex forum

33 Likes
17 Likes

“actualy” ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

3 Likes

Nothing has changed with the logo that I’m aware of. Is this on your phone?

4 Likes

Yes, it’s on mobile. I haven’t noticed this on my PC.

It started a few days ago when I noticed the icon no longer took up the whole circle there. I assumed it was an intentional change. After a while I noticed it kept getting smaller, and was puzzled, but still ignored it. Now that it’s undeniably getting smaller, I’m legitimately confused.

11 Likes

I am having the same problem also on mobile
Screenshot_20220912_102804

iPhone or Android?

I’m on a Samsung S21 Ultra 5G and the icon and splash screen both show full size.

1 Like

I have the latest version of Android 13.

I’m currently switching phones, from a moto to a galaxy…the Icon is shriking on the moto, and it’s full-size on the galaxy…

1 Like

I’m on a samsung galaxy a10e on android version 9 and mine show up as the same as Taran’s:
20220912_130714

seems like this is probably a chrome bug, it’s happening to other sites as well.

14 Likes

Im on an S10+, I don’t see any changes in the size of the icon
Screenshot_20220912_131633

5 Likes

On my new Galaxy (left) and my old Moto (right)…almost gone now… :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

17 Likes

34 Likes

Ha, reminds me of this story:

Pity the poor engineer who had to find this one. One of the more interesting of the handful of bugs that have appeared since the launch of Verizon’s Droid smartphone has to do with the on-board camera’s auto-focus. Apparently it just didn’t work. And then suddenly it did. Naturally, this off-again, on-again made the theories fly. But the real reason for the bug was revealed in a comment on an Engadget post by someone claiming to be Google engineer Dan Morrill: ‘There’s a rounding-error bug in the camera driver’s autofocus routine (which uses a timestamp) that causes autofocus to behave poorly on a 24.5-day cycle,’ said Morrill. 'That is, it’ll work for 24.5 days, then have poor performance for 24.5 days, then work again. The 17th is the start of a new ‘works correctly’ cycle, so the devices will be fine for a while. A permanent fix is in the works.

15 Likes

I’m on a Samsung S21 5G

how is y’all’s logos so big compared to mine

22 Likes