Funnest Things You've Done In VEX

What is the funnest thing you have engineered in VEX? We were having a little fun with our build and we spring loaded our extending tray so much it flung out from the corner of the field and flew the distance over the center tower and hit the wall on the other side.

4 Likes

With your tray, it’s basically the base with every tray. Especailly for our old robot, which had an extremly heavy C channel tray, that required lots of elastics, it made a giant hole in the wall, when it came out, so we had to move the field away from the wall.

4 Likes

You might want to recategorize this to chit chat, but stupid kinds counts as funny :wink:

12 Likes

My teammates made a mace, threw it at each other from across the room, and knocked down bin of scrap pieces. Let’s just say that they did not have a fun time afterwards.

1 Like

This thread should probably be in chitchat/rumor mill

Okay so I built an arm the cracked a cortex down the middle once and the instructor got soooooo angry I wants allowed to build for a week

4 Likes

our team mounted sprocket and chain on a drill and spin it around

Some other people made a whip with the chains

Our club members also collected all chain pieces in the lab and it is over 20m long

3 Likes

Smack the other driver on my team 4 times in the balls in one game… during finals

1 Like

spinny file boi- a file loosly inserted into a drill chuck and then uses to file out some HS holes
the meme of when you shake your robot- a VEXU guy was over at my teams metting place and he picked up our bot and shook it needless to say allot fell out
competition bingo’s

1 Like

Ah yes when we picked up our robot and it just fell into pieces.

3 Likes

Someone on my sister team made a crossbow out of linear slides and gears with sprockets (and rubber bands

4 Likes

One of my schools teams had a flywheel last year, and couldn’t pull off the wheels from the axel… our school now has a vex mallet…

1 Like

Replaced the wheels on our flywheel with a fidget spinner

4 Likes

At the end of last year, we got both of our world qualified teams to have an absolute battlebots match in their last qualification match at worlds. It was really fun, and even resulted in injury for me. Not a bad one, just a nasty cut on my hand Lol

1 Like

@Grayson_MemeLord Which match was that and in which division I would like to watch.

1 Like

it was 30526D in opportunity in match uhhhh Q 249 and 21050A in match Q 252

3 Likes

21050A was in Math Lol

3 Likes

Our robot has been eating up a large quantity of rubber bands in the last few months, we have already gone through sever bags of rubber bands from vex. So we decided to tie up all the broken ends of the rubber bands together to create, ''The Mega-band". We tested it and it could already reach from one end of my schools hallway to the other end, which is roughly 178 feet.

3 Likes

Last year my team had a catapult, and one match a robot shoved a cap on top of our robot, so our driver fired the catapult and it flung the cap and flipped it to our color

5 Likes