I’ve been trying to work on my 15 second autonomous and I can get it to work when I play it on the controller, but whenever I do it on the program for VEX competitions, it doesn’t work. I would like to see a reference or have someone try to explain it so I can figure out how to start it. I know what I want mine to do, but I just need it to start.
Can we see your code? Are you using the competition template?
When you say play it on the controller, what do you mean? Are you just driving it?
This is probably because you aren’t using the competition template, look at https://v5rc-kb.recf.org/hc/en-us/articles/16754271890199-VEX-Competition-Template-for-Match-Code.
I’ll be in my robotics room on Monday. I am using the competition template with the same start as another team from my school and their auton works fine. And what I mean by “when I play it” is when I start the program from the controller going through the competition start it would work fine, still does. However when I plug the controller into the competition program during a match, it doesn’t. Is this a common thing?
Usually that’s because the driver control section of your code can run briefly, depending on the sequence of program being started and connection to field control, prior to your autonomous being started.
Some details in this old topic.