Is there any way to descore besides towers?

I am just wondering if there is any other way to descore? I know towers and one sketchy move where you tap the back of a stacking robot when there arms are still touching their stack. Anything else?

1 Like

Not really. Unless you count knocking cubes out of someone’s tray while they are intaking.

1 Like

knock your opponent’s cubes out of their trays by shoving it with your own tray.

1 Like

Time to start baseball batting other teams then :slight_smile:

This is a joke you would probably bly get dqed for this

this maneuver is not in violation of the rules unless you don’t back off in 5 secs.

1 Like

I have a 6 bar so can i succ out their cubes in their tray?

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it off the top of my head, though that poses a risk of entanglement for sure.

1 Like

Yeah, That will be the only problem, That would be cool though

4 Likes

Wouldn’t it violate the part about damaging other robots?

No, because it’s reasonable contact, if your tray gets damaged from that, it’s your fault.

EDIT: that’s kind of up to interpretation by the refs, but I still think you’d be fine.

4 Likes

I think you’d get dqed, because you’re intentionally swinging your tray at other robots in an attempt to hit them, which poses an excessive risk of damage or entanglement

3 Likes

I’ve seen multiple instances of it in China. Non got dq’ed(if properly executed)

1 Like

if your opponent is tilting forward in their unprotected zone, slap the underside of their tray and make their cubes fall out.

Cubes in possession are considered extensions of the robot. Keep that in mind.

This is correct, meaning you can’t intake the cubes from their robot, because it would be considered grasping. The only thing you can do is push the cubes out.

4 Likes

If i bump them in the side and their stack falls, is that a DQ.

If it’s in the protected zone it’s obviously a DQ but the non-protected zone is fair game… In our region, the head ref says that, because there is no clarification on the legality of pushing an opposing robot into their own stack, it is allowed unless there is an Q&A clarification.

1 Like

Oh, That is kinda cheap and a dirtbag thing to do. But i guess its fine if they repeatedly hit our bar so we cant do anything
*cough cough last competition.

It is only considered a stack if they are onto of base cube in a goal - otherwise just a bunch of cubes on a robot. Knocking bunch of cubes from robot in unprotected goal area ok. Hitting robot that has a stack in a goal resulting in cubes falling from stack is what will get you in trouble.

3 Likes

Oh,But that is kind of cheap though.