Learning the Basics of the Vision Sensor

I am having a lot of trouble understanding how to program the Vex Vision sensor through Pros. I have used the Vex Vision Utility but I am not sure how to copy the signatures over to PROS. Could anyone explain the different functions that come with PROS (the PROS API is very hard to understand as I am a beginner).

The PROS documentation is really confusing for the Vision Sensor. I linked a previous post of mine below which gives a step by step tutorial on how to use it.

I think there is a typo in it now that I reread it too, lol. I can’t edit it to fix it since its old, so where it says “3 is the third largest” I meant “2 is the third largest”. Just remember in programming most everything starts at zero. So 0 is 1. 1 is 2. 2 is 3. 3 is 4. Etc.

If you have more questions let me know.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your detailed response. I am not sure how to use the get_by_sig function and how to reference different signatures. So I am a little confused as how to reference different color signatures. So if i had a green cube stored on signature one and a purple cube on signature 2, how would I differentiate bewteen the 2?