Mecanum strafe problems

//-----Drive Controll-----//
//right drive = (axis3 - axis4) * /2
//left drive = (axis3 + axis4) * /2
backRightDrive.spin(directionType::fwd, (controller1.Axis3.position(percentUnits::pct) - controller1.Axis4.position(percentUnits::pct)) * driveSpeed / 2, velocityUnits::pct);
backLeftDrive.spin(directionType::fwd, (controller1.Axis3.position(percentUnits::pct) + controller1.Axis4.position(percentUnits::pct)) * driveSpeed / 2, velocityUnits::pct);
frontLeftDrive.spin(directionType::fwd, (controller1.Axis3.position(percentUnits::pct) + controller1.Axis4.position(percentUnits::pct)) * driveSpeed / 2, velocityUnits::pct);
frontRightDrive.spin(directionType::fwd, (controller1.Axis3.position(percentUnits::pct) - controller1.Axis4.position(percentUnits::pct)) * driveSpeed / 2, velocityUnits::pct);

if(controller1.ButtonA.pressing() ) {
  frontLeftDrive.spin(directionType::fwd, strafe, percentUnits::pct);
  frontRightDrive.spin(directionType::fwd, strafe, percentUnits::pct);
  backLeftDrive.spin(directionType::rev, strafe, percentUnits::pct);
  backRightDrive.spin(directionType::rev, strafe, percentUnits::pct);

} else if (controller1.ButtonY.pressing() ) {
  frontLeftDrive.spin(directionType::rev, strafe, percentUnits::pct);
  frontRightDrive.spin(directionType::rev, strafe, percentUnits::pct);
  backLeftDrive.spin(directionType::fwd, strafe, percentUnits::pct);
  backRightDrive.spin(directionType::fwd, strafe, percentUnits::pct);

} else {
  frontLeftDrive.stop();
  frontRightDrive.stop();
  backLeftDrive.stop();
  backRightDrive.stop();
}

This is my program for arcade drive and a strafe with mecanum wheels. The problem is, when i download it to the robot, only the strafing works and not the drive. please help

PercentUnits::pct is a parameter for the motor, it doesn’t do anything to the axis value itself. Your spin params should just be (direction, axis3 - axis4, units), not (direction, axis3,units,axis4, units).

To clarify, to get the axis values, just do controller.axisx.position()

1 Like

im still having the same problem where only the Y and A buttons work and the Axis3/Axis4 joystick does nothing

Can you post your updated code? Be sure to place it around [code] [/code] tags so we can read it a bit easier

how do i place it around a tag?

Wait a minute I see the issue

Your else statement at the end is turning your motors off from the previous statements. Try changing it to else if axis3 < 10 and axis 3 > -10 and axis4 < 10 and axis4 >-10

3 Likes

A more accurate description of what you want to to is “wrap the code in code tags”. You can accomplish this in one of three ways:

1. Place the string [code] before the start of your code, and the string [/code] after the end of your code.
  2. Place three backtick characters (```) both before and after your code.
  3. In the post edit/compose window, highlight you code and press the </> button.
1 Like