Miniature Nuclear Reactor

I know it seems a bit far fetched but instead of vex regulated batteries would my group be able to make a homemade Miniature Nuclear Reactor and attach it to the bot?

7 Likes

This would violate <S1>, <G3>, <R19>, and Title 42, U.S. Code § 5843

38 Likes

Personally, I like my body not full of sharp pointy things with a nice side of radiation.

5 Likes

I mean, I guess if you’re ok with your v5 going up in flames like your cortex then sure lol

2 Likes

Hello Mr. Eagle Scout. It’s been a while.

13 Likes

This is an international community, please cite equivalent statutes in other relevant jurisdictions.

12 Likes

It would be efficient, but it violates the rule that V5 brains may only be powered by the V5 battery.

Yes, absolutely! As long as it is used for decoration purposes only.

You would still need to power the robot only with VRC legal batteries tho, if you want to compete at an official event.

LOL. :atom_symbol:

4 Likes

But the game manual also specifies that the robot must be safe, a nuclear reactor built by a bunch of high school student is likely not.

1 Like

Charge the battery with the reactor

That would be considered a functional element.

It does not in fact violate this section, as long as they pay the multi-million dollar licensing fee and their reactor is certified as safe to operate.

10 Likes

This is why people say robotics is expensive.

2 Likes

Introducing the newest sensor, the v5 Geiger Counter!

13 Likes

Ships in 8 years. Your team won’t totally be dead due to radiation poisoning by then! Lol

1 Like

You wouldn’t be dead no matter how long it ships if the Feds certify the reactor’s safety :wink:

1 Like

Forget the fission reactions in that thing, squishing it down into 18 inches would cause the whole thing to undergo fusion!

2 Likes

The hardest choices require the strongest wills…

1 Like

What if you’re not operating in the United States. Does international law prohibit such things?

It does if you try to bring it to Create or Worlds.

1 Like