I am team 10863B. We are having trouble finding the best wheel configuration for our drivetrain. Our goal is to get over the center black pole. Any tips for the best wheel config?
Absolutely! This should have all you need, it’s how I picked my drivetrain.
Due to frequent questions and discussions on drive speeds, but not a lot of resources on the layouts of the possible gearings themselves, I’ve created this resource for people to see a catalogue of drive speeds that I’ve deemed as viable, and some commentary on each layout.
All drives shown here are on 6 motors, and all drives here are compatible with center traction wheel. (some drives have 8 wheels so traction will be offset from center). The layouts shown can easily be translated to 4 motor …
I am sure any wheel size can climb over the barrier as long as you manage to add some sort of sled.