Hey guys I am trying to use pnumatics on my bot but how do I control it using my controller
Here are some steps that might help:
- Learn to spell “pneumatics”
(1.5: never call a pneumatic cylinder a “piston”)
- Use the search feature to look for “programming pneumatics”, and you’ll find articles like this one: Programming Pneumatics with VEXcode 1.0.1
- Follow @lacsap’s link: he beat me by a minute
- Be sure your hardware is connected right, too. In addition the the VEX stuff, here’s a useful paper: pneumatics information.pdf - Google Drive
- Set up a small pneumatics circuit on the bench to learn how it all works before building it into your 'bot.
Spelling matters? Geez, no one told me that.
I should have put that in my brief response for thoroughness sake.
KB.vex.com just put in a series of articles in July that are worth reading.
What I did was add a 3 wire LED light to my devices and coded it so that when Controller1 L1 is being pressed it turns on the solenoid and L2 turns it off.
Or you could also do this:
one last question, how do I add pneumatics into vexcode v5
You can add the solenoids to VEXcode as “DigitalOut” 3-wire devices – see this Knowledge Base article:
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.