Pros cli installation failed

I’m trying to use pros this year and when I downloaded pros through vscode it went perfectly fine. However, when I try to verify pros installation it tells me that the CLI installation failed. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still does not work. Because the CLI installation failed, I can’t run anything with pros. How do I fix this issue?

How are you installing the CLI and OS please. I recommend installing the CLI through homebrew/not through VSCode as it can be buggy.

Yea I’m trying to use homebrew now

Hi, sorry that the VSCode installation did not work for you. Can I have a little bit more information and have you try something so that I can further improve the installer in future updates?

1. what system are you on? Intel/m1/m2 mac, windows 10/11, or debian based linux distro.
  2. if you navigate to user settings → extensions → PROS and set One Click: CLI download url to the cli zip located here that is for your current system, and then try “Install PROS” from the sidebar does it work?
3 Likes

Ok my pros work now but vscode says there are errors even though the pros says there are no errors. Is this just a vscode thing or is this something with pros?

It is just a VSCode thing. If you open up the PROS Integrated Terminal (accessible through the Integrated Terminal Button in the PROS Sidebar) and run the command pros build-compile-commands it will show you all real errors (if any), while also fixing most if not all of VSCode’s fake errors.

2 Likes