Robotics Tutorial Topics?

So I am in need of some ideas. Our club advisor likes students that are right about to graduate to make tutorials to leave their legacy behind. I have a few topics in mind. If there is any topics relating to robotics or engineering in general that any students or club advisors would like to see I would love to hear your input. I have been in engineering and engineering related classes my entire 4 years in high school. All of the videos will be on my teams YouTube channel for anyone to use next season and in many years to come. Here are some of my ideas.

• Centre of gravity
  • Gearing
  • Support/ bracing
  • Lift systems (4-bar, 6-bar, 8 bar, vertical)
  • Speed (feet per second)
    Any input of anykind would be useful. Thanks

Maybe an overview of all the parts that come in some of the standard kits and what they’re usually used for. Most teams get their first kit and find some parts that make no sense to them.

Another might be,

Artificial Intelligence would be a rather interesting topic - I may write a bit of something on this myself as I haven’t seen many AI tutorials around that are specifically relavent to vex robotics. I saw few teams of all (in A, B1 and B2 in the last competition we attended) that tried the programmers skills challenge and they didn’t implement a real AI system - it was more of a fetch & return system. So I think educating the forum members on this topic would be very benificial.

You could go over basic things such as keeping track of your robots position on the playing field (using sensors), programatically controlling your robot (rather than just setting motor speeds) or simple A* path finding to more comprehensive tutorials such as sorting AI tasks, and in which order they should be performed.

AI would be interesting. I do know how to program and understand concepts such as AI and PID but I can not program them. My teammate (dpbailey) has been doing all the programming for our robot thus far. I tend to stay more on the engineering side of the robot as well as the photos and videos for our team. Also if anyone would like some tutorials on topics that do not relate to the building of the robot, i.e engineering notebooks, team structures, photos/videos promoting your robot I can help out in those areas as well.

Sorry, I don’t know if you got my edit, just incase you were going to say that xD

“Maybe an overview of all the parts that come in some of the standard kits and what they’re usually used for. Most teams get their first kit and find some parts that make no sense to them.” - I.e like w\ examples etc.

I can certainly go over that. I will add it to my list. These are mainly going to be for the incoming freshman but I would like to get input from everyone so that anyone really could use them.

A thought just came to me, we should make a tutorial for all the sensors.

• What they are used for
  • Good applications
  • Wether they are Digital or Analog
  • How to use them

I’m sure almost our entire club could use that one haha