Semi-Automous Question 2

How do I add a Semi-Automous to my code?
Ex:

if(Controller1.ButtonRight.pressing()) { Spinner1.spin(vex::directionType::rev); Spinner2.spin(vex::directionType::rev); }
That’s what I have right now, can you give me an example on how to add the semi-auto

Thats not really automatic at all.
What exactly are you attempting to automate?

1 Like

Thats not the autmoated part, I want to know how to start the automatic

Then why is it relevant? If you tell us exactly what you want to automate we can help you.

Sorry, I want to get the spinners to go to the towers

what we want to do is to make the spinners operate for a certain amount of time or rotations with one button press. It would make picking the cubes so much simpler

So you want to automate raising your lift to tower height? I wouldn’t recommend automating placing cubes in towers, as its different each time

You can be like: If Button pressed, rotate to ___degrees

This thread might be helpful.

1 Like

Oh my, theres a lot going on here. Ok, to start everything off the author is looking for VEXCode Macros, and how to do multiple things with a button press. I am quite busy during this week but this should help direct future information. In addition, there is likely a resource if you use the search feature, so if you cannot find an answer you’re looking for you may be able to find the answer by searching for it.

2 Likes

The general approach is to define a function that performs the “macro” you want to perform, and then to register it as a callback for a particular button press with:

ControllerName.ButtonName.pressed(functionName);

You only need to do this once, at the beginning of your driver control function, and the function will run every time the button is pressed.

2 Likes