Hi, I’m relatively new to Snapcad, but it felt a little too easy for me, so I’m trying Fusion and I want to import my incomplete robot design on Snapcad to Fusion. I tried 3 different .ldr to .STEP file converters, but they all failed. I was wondering if anyone has done a successful file conversion and how?
Hey there!
There is only one way that I know of to convert LDRAW to a 3D Model, and that is to convert a LDR file to COLLADA (.dae) or a .obj file. It is not possible to convert a LDRAW with SnapCAD’s custom parts directly to a .STEP file. However, once u get a .dae or .obj you can open it with Fusion 360 (i think it only supports .obj but yeah), and export as a .step/.stp. No color will be retained.
But may I ask why you want to export it? Is it for rendering purposes?
Thank you so much! I wanted to export it because I though Snapcad was a bit too simple, and Fusion would be more of a challenge, and I am transitioning to mac because our desktop is really slow. I will make sure to try the solution tomorrow and mark as a solution if it works!