Squared Away Autonomous Query

Hi
Our robot needs to flip the middle green cube before being able to lift it onto a platform. But we are finding it hard to do in Autonomous. So according to “Any Game Objects being controlled by the Robot while being handled must be removed from the
Robot and gently placed in a non-Scored position by the Team” - we could pick up the green normally, then reset the robot and reset the cube on its side and then just let the autonomous pick it up and put it onto the platform.
Thanks

Also Could somebody explain part c of “Any Game Object in the Starting Position may be moved out of the Starting Position and gently
placed into a non-Scored position by the Team”

Thanks

Since the rules do not say anything about changing the orientation when you place the cube in a non scored position, that sounds like a legal move.

Concerning a cube being in the start position… if because of your robots movement there is a scoring object in the start position when you reset your robot you can move it to any non scored position.

I think the reason this is called out is that the robot does not have to be in control of a scoring object in the start position to relocate it.

1 Like

I like this a lot! It’s right there, never thought of it. If you’re working with a partner, would make it even easier to reset.

It does open up some interesting strategies.

I’m thinking out loud now but…

start on the side with the red cubes, score the green cube on the low platform and then move the red cube into the start position before grabbing the robot and resetting on the other side of the field.

Score the other green cube on the other low platform and grab the blue cube and then grab the robot and the blue cube

Go back to the first side… take the red cube from the starting space and position outside the “open” red scoring zone. Place the blue cube outside the “open” blue scoring zone. Place the robot and score the blue cube

Reset the robot on the other side again and score the red cube.

It’s not as fast but removes any issue of accidentally moving a scoring object you are not controlling