Stupidest thing you've done in VEX

What joke?

5 Likes

Too bad I run out of :heart:s for today.
I think it was very funny!

3 Likes

But seriously. I wasn’t making a joke. We’ve been looking for this guy all season.

8 Likes

LMAO

4 Likes

How is it even possible?

1 Like

Some people think creating Scavenger hunt topic.

Preview the great content

But, hey, no regrets!

2 Likes

Rebuild.

The night before a comp.

Multiple times throughout the season.

We also COMPLETELY changed the lift mechanism 6 times during the duration of the season (We built almost every type of lift that season)

We also went for the most difficult lift to build (with vex components, and no we did not know about Dreadnought’s way of doing it) as our first lift. An elevator lift.

I’ll stop myself from ranting too much, but to say the least: ITZ was a learning season.

1 Like

We’ve done that several times this season with the flywheel. We did return the ball however, and not hide anywhere.

5 Likes

Me and my partner both regret building a new robot after every single competition…

2 Likes

We stole a ball from a match once hidden inside our intake and they had to steal one from the practice field to replace it.

4 Likes

Deciding to move in front of the drivers in autonomous and getting shot in the stomach by the other alliances auton.

2 Likes

To add to the bandwagon, I once had my teammates gather the robot and take it back to the pit so I could go find our next partners for a quickly upcoming match. They left a ball in the 2BC. Luckily, I caught them as they were close to the pits and I could return the ball mo questions asked.

Edit: So stupidest thing: trust teammates to do my job from memory while only watching me do it.

1 Like

When we had a catapult we had 8 rubber bands on a standard improperly placed metal axle and couldnt figure out why it kept bending

1 Like

We rebuilt our bot at world the night before each comptition day

2 Likes

That’s 100% the right way

2 Likes

Me and my team thought we stripped a motor so we never used it. We later on found out it wasn’t but we had already built the robot with 5

2 Likes

Once, my team was testing the bot and we didn’t have the motor properly mounted. Ah, simple mistakes… anyways, the motor started melting and had caught fire.

5 Likes

Same. Except I almost sliced my finger off. But you know, we all make mistakes. And now I’m banned from using saws.

2 Likes

Used electrical tape to secure motor wires in ITZ the night before the competition. I stayed up until 3 AM fixing it.

1 Like

Zip ties are your friend

3 Likes