Stupidest thing you've done in VEX

I am cringing so hard. I would be very sad to be either of the blue teams when that happens.

Just about an hour ago I split a brand new piece of plastic in half because I tipped the robot over. It was placed on the bot 2 days ago.

Building an entire robot and then realizing we forgot to leave space for motors, then taking it apart and then doing it again.

Honestly, trying to program an autonomous. Without the bot itself. I threw the cube over, cleared the middle fence, and cleaned the back zone. In 9 short seconds. Yeah, it was bad. The bot just kinda bounced around all spastic.

Build with motors. It’s usually easiest to get motors in when you’re building the structure, and of course that way you always know how you’re powering everything.

putting my robot in the wrong starting tile for skills

If that’s the stupidest thing you’ve done, then you’ve had great success.

Inside joke from Indiana :wink:

We’ve done worse, lol. I was just making a joke (Unofficial answer to "Legal starting position for skills " - General Forum - VEX Forum)

Last year, we did nothing for our team, except have our wheels fall off, cortex catch on fire, and “ramming the balls”(so called by a teammate). Somehow we still got 3rd. git rekt, other teams(including the other team from our own school)

oh dear god, the fun time that robot had =D

Such salt.

This forum is interesting in that one portion of the users are immersed in internet culture, while another portion is not. You see that in that thread. A few people make a joke about a tournament. It’s lighthearted, something that you get used to on internet forums. It’s not smart to get upset over it, but that’s what you saw a few people do; they expect professionalism on the internet, because they may not use internet message boards like this as much. Was it a “professional” comment? No, not everyone views this forum as strictly professional. Was it particularly offensive? Didn’t seem so, I don’t see a reason not to laugh and move on.

We threw out our skimming mechanism at the beginning of NbN. It could drive over a stack at full speed and take the orange ball off. We thought it wasn’t useful. I mean orange balls were only worth 5 more points right?

Did you take it off in favor of something else?

Try to make a successful eight bar lift.

What did you do wrong? We have an eight bar and it works fine

My students did this without me looking… Fried a motor controller.

Built a 6 motor 2 bar lift but have all the motors work against each other. Let’s just say the gears are now pieces of shrapnel.

Last Year (my second year), we had our NBN robot up on a table and turned on. I opened our toolbox onto the active joystick and the robot drove off the table and into the ground. RIP

Join