Stupidest thing you've done in VEX

@4361T Please start a new thread or PM @1815Delta. Don’t hijack this one. This thread is for roboteers confessing our infinite idiocy. Thanks :smiley:

May the disco curse be cast upon me. I am eternally sorry. Back on the topic of this thread, one time I couldn’t get an axle to go in, so I pounded it in with a hammer

Story of my life.

Sadly, I don’t know how to program using EASYC. But this thread isn’t for help, it’s for stupid things.

Gosh that battery really should be turned into VEX and I believe they’ll give you a new one. That blown up battery shouldn’t be used on your robot and should never.

:frowning:
It’s true is the sad part

I spent 30 minutes and a full battery trying to do a 360noscope on the practice field at a competition.

One of our alliance partners once tried to score us SP, and they scored so many that we lost the match…

I did that at states… That was a rough tournament

That was fun to watch

Done that, cost both of us the tournament (we were both moved to the 15-8th place range)
And to add to the list: I was going to be the second pick of the winning alliance, my sister team chose me as their first pick in the ~6th alliance… sigh

Freshman year a teammate and I built a bulldozer-like robot for Sack Attack, but we mounted the arm to the center of the robot and it would fall forward whenever the arm was raised. To fix this, we used Vel-Cro to attach the driver-load bean bags and our second battery to the robot as counterweights. They were attached to a hinged C-channel that would open backward with gravity to prevent falling forward.

The robot also used pneumatics, and there were multiple matches we lost because we forgot to turn on the main valve and then didn’t know we could touch the robot if we didn’t move it.

Cameron, admit it, you still do that.

Yeah, who needs sp’s when you can 360 noscope

Can confirm, was a waste of time. On that same field, our robot made a shot while high elevated (elevating robot drove closer with us on top). :slight_smile:

Done that many times lol. Helps to have the only food lifter in the state at our school lol

Turns out I can be really bad at math sometimes =) I’ve been wrangling with IME ticks/second to flywheel angular velocity conversions and ballistic trajectory formulas for the last several hours. I couldn’t figure out why the ballistic trajectory formula was telling me that the flywheel could shoot a ball over a thousand inches. I asked a friend to check my math, and he quickly pointed out that the ball’s velocity is half of the flywheel’s angular velocity (assuming perfect energy transfer). Now I’m converting an old target speed from a 5" single flywheel on a 28:1 gear ratio to a target speed on a 4" single flywheel with a 36:1 gear ratio, and I can’t figure out why I have come up with close but different targets. Oh well, I will just keep running the calculations until I recreate all results and see what I did wrong.

My younger brother did the same thing to me

Accidentally swapping joysticks with our sister team and forgetting to bring spare rubber bands for our passive intake in skyrise would be my top 2, lol

I was trying to get a motor off that had a stripped screw and me and my friend took the motor in one hand and the c channel in the other and pulled as hard as we could. I dont know what we expected to happen but the plastic around the screws ripped off and now we have a motor that we cant screw onto anything

We were all screwing around with our double flywheel, the first launcher we had mounted and working on the robot. We found out that our control system let us spin it backwards, and we tossed a ball into the front.

It jammed and both shafts bent