The Vex Virtual Builder - A New Way to Prototype VEX Robots

Could one get a ,step file (or other 3D file) of a new part that one might want on there robot that for example is there polycarb there using and import it.

9 Likes

Wait @DaveG does your like in the previous post mean yes?

What is your youtube? @DaveG, also is this Mac compatible

There are currently no plans to release specific source code, but the YouTube channel (linked in the post) will soon be posting behind the scenes development logs of the VVB’s progress!

3 Likes

It looks to be a pretty interesting project to try out, and I’m curious to see its future development

3 Likes

Thank you for applying! If you get accepted for the private beta, when it’s ready, I’ll email you about details regarding your copy of the VVB and how feedback will be given as you test it.

2 Likes

Thanks for reminding me about the YouTube channel! It’s linked in the original post now.

In terms of compatibility, the plan is to make the VVB available online, making it compatible with any platform!

2 Likes

Great idea! Although you may not see this in Beta, it has been added on the list of possible features for final release. Thank you!

2 Likes

The VVB is not solely CPU based, object rendering is done using the GPU.

3 Likes

The VVB is created custom by me! I’m using the Unity Game Engine as the framework for rendering and processing, however.

2 Likes

The plan is to release the VVB in an online form, thus allowing it to be compatible with any platform!

4 Likes

If you apply and you accepted us when will get the copy of it?

2 Likes

Thank you! Although no rigorous testing has been done, I’ve tested the VVB on various devices and it seems to perform well even on lower end hardware.

4 Likes

There is currently no set release date, all you need to do now is apply (if you want to) and I’ll notify you by email whether or not the Beta is ready for you!

5 Likes

This is an amazing idea and it looks like you carried it out extremely well

5 Likes

Excellent work! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

very impressive @DaveG
I look forward to it

2 Likes

This is gonna save me hours of blood sweat and tears from using normal CAD for VEX. Thanks @DaveG !

6 Likes

Is it possible to import files into a normal cad program so I can add things like polycarb to a virtual robot.

(20 characters…)

3 Likes