Thoughts about the new forum?

What do you guys think of the new forum? Good or bad. First impressions for me: Im confuzed.
BTW THE CONFUSED IS SPELLED INCORRECT ON PURPOSE!

2 Likes

To be honest, I am somewhat confused as well. But as time goes on, I bet we all will get nice and used to these changes. :blush:

2 Likes

I personally like it much better, it has a cleaner look and searching is much easier.
However, i dislike that it is mixed in with the VEX IQ forum.

6 Likes

I, for one, fear change, and am shook.

11 Likes

Pros: Dark Mode, ‘Keep me logged in’ works, Other random QOL changes

Cons: The old forum was fine too. I liked the old forum. WHY DID THEY TAKE AWAY THE OLD FORUM!!!

2 Likes

In case you missed it, you can hide VEX IQ Channels from your portal view. There’s a walkthrough in this guide: https://link.vex.com/docs/ForumGuide

4 Likes

Well @Jhon_Tyler, I see that change is a big priority for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also think that EDR and IQ need to have their own separate corners of the internet. I am fearful that the sheer majority of EDR users will make the forum unhelpful for all of the IQ kids.

3 Likes

Find your automated message from @discobot. Complete the new user tutorial (you’ll receive a badge too!). Then, after finishing that, reply to @discobot with start advanced user to do the advanced user tutorial (badge for that, too).

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

2 Likes

just mute all the IQ topics. “user icon” -> “gear icon” -> preferences -> categories

3 Likes

Does the search work? I think that was probably the worst thing out of the old forum, keep me logged in button considered.

3 Likes

I totally agree with separating EDR and IQ. The Forum looks slightly cleaner but I was good with the old forum. It wasn’t worth the day long update. Especially on a school day. I had a lot of time when I had no assignments and a computer.

3 Likes

@gilmorkn472
Yes, the search works much better than before.

2 Likes

Also, is the rulebook Q/A official now?

2 Likes

I’m not sure what exactly you’re trying to ask (or how it’s relevant to this thread). Please clarify.

2 Likes

I think there is a rule Q/A topic now.

2 Likes

I too am a little confused on the layout, and am slowly familiarizing myself with the layout. I did like the easy to use layout of the last forum, but this one definitely seems more customizable and powerful. I love the dark mode, and the badges, as well as the ability to flag spam posts. I am also a little disappointed that we won’t be migrating to Flarum as I was really excited for that forum, but they were taking FOREVER, so this is a nice alternative. This will definitely take some time to get use to, but I am looking forward to seeing how it works out. Great job VEX!

4 Likes

It doesn’t work on Microsoft Edge. I am being forced to use Chrome right now and I don’t like it.

2 Likes

Especially on a school day. I had a lot of time when I had no assignments and a computer.

I was bored out of my mind for 2 whole days.

4 Likes