Tower Takeover Designs/Strategies

So I am looking at the new game released and already starting with some possible designs. I am thinking of a 4 bar lift with little hooks to grab the cubes. Are we allowed to take cubes out of towers? so if We find a team is piling a color and they have it in the tower we can take it out? Also what kind of autonomous is recommended? Should you focus on the color cubes that are on your side or should you put a purple cube in a tower too?

can you edit your topic title to be related to what you are asking…

Yes, see this FAQ post:

What is interesting to notice is that there is no rule against placing cubes inside the opponents’ alliance tower.

That being said, if you could put a cube in their tower before they get there, I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t be a violation of . So if you put a cube of one color in your opponents’ tower and just keep putting that color back whenever they try and swap it for a different one, that also could potentially be completely legal.

edit: nvm this is illegal

1 Like

Um, no.

In the reveal video, it says explicitly that “Alliance towers may only be utilized by robots from that alliance.”

The reveal video isn’t an official source of rules, only the game manual, appendices, and Q&A are. That said, placing cubes into your opponents’ alliance tower is prohibited by <SG5>:

<SG5> Keep Cubes to yourself. Robots may not intentionally drop or place Cubes on an opponent Robot, into an opponent’s Goal Zone, or into an opponent’s Alliance Tower.

1 Like

oof rip my metabreaking strategy

Yeah, that strat would totally defeat the purpose of alliance towers

https://youtu.be/rhCppJ-nLH4 this is what I was thinking

1 Like

This is a similar design
2 Likes