V5 Drive Program Needs Fixed

I don’t know if I am the only one, but when we build the V5 classroom claw bot, and then we use the standard “Drive” option on the VEX Remote, the motors are not right. It drives in reverse. I tried just switching the motor Smart Wires, but then it turns opposite of what it should. I know I can just program them, but I am trying to do the speed builds with my classes so we are not learning programming yet.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way that I can go in and change the default “Drive” program?

Open the clawbot program on the brain, open the motors and you will see Motor Direction, choose the motor in question and press on it, it will change from Normal to Reversed. Repeat for each motor that you want reversed.

Ok thanks. That would put it under the programs menu in the V5 system though. I was wondering if there was a way to change it to the drive menu on the V5. But if that’s my only option, that’s what I will do.

just select Motors on the Drive screen and reverse here.
drive_motors.png

It’s saved in the V5, you only have to do it once.

1 Like

@jpearman Thank you! That’s what I needed to know. Still trying to learn this new V5 system.