V5RC Hub - A website I programmed for the V5RC community

Whether you’re a new or veteran member of a V5RC team, I think we can all agree that keeping track of gear ratios or scouting data as well as planning your autonomous routines can be stressful.

To help fix that, I created the V5RC Hub. It’s a free, all-in-one digital command center designed specifically for VEX teams to keep everything organized in one place.

The website includes:

  • Gear Calculator & Parts Wiki to plan your builds.
  • Scouting Database & Pre-Comp Checklists so you never forget a battery or wire.
  • Code Vault a vault with some premade programs.
  • Rover Sandbox an autonomous path planner (will be updated once new game is released)
  • Live Message Board to suggest website changes, point out bugs, and share build tips with other teams.

I’d love for you all to check it out and tell me what you think. Leave a message for me in the Message Board or leave a recommendation if there’s a tool you’d like to see added next!

P.S. share this tool with other teams as well. The reason I created it was to help V5RC teams in areas that our community was lacking, so the more people we help, the better!

Website: https://v5-rc-hub.vercel.app/
If you want to see the GitHub, go to the “About Me” page and scroll down until you see the link

Gotta love the completely original name.

As mentioned - give a new name to your site.

Your prices are wrong on part wiki - for example, battery is less than VEX sells it. No need to repeat VEX product site.

Scouting - I do not get it as you want teams to gather all the data and make a recommendation ?

gear ratio calculator - I did not see how changing number of motors yields meaningful insight.

Checklist - it is one big pile .. what would be good is to break it up into parts:

  • Pretournament
  • Packing for tournament
  • Pre-inspection
  • Pre-match
  • Post-match

…

make it more granular to the needs during a competition.

Honestly, I couldn’t think of any names :sweat_smile:
I named this project around a year ago and never changed it since I didn’t think i was going to make it public.
I only ended up publishing it because of encouragement from some close people in my life!
If you have any names suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks for the feedback!
As mentioned, I’ve been working on this for a while and it was the first website I made public.
If you have any name recommendations, I would love to hear them, I honestly couldn’t think of any :sweat_smile:
As for the features, I created them based on what my team needed, but opened it so that other teams could use them if necessary!
Also, there is no harm in the parts wiki!
I made that part specifically to match the theme of my notebook so that when referencing parts I can easily take screenshots that will look clean and formatted!

Keeping with the trend of things developed by the community, VRC RoboHub

Oooo, I like it, thanks a bunch! Should be done in a couple hours! If you have more feedback, I would love to hear it!

I didn’t read this part of the message earlier because I was in a rush!

To explain:
Theoretical speed is tied strictly to the motor’s internal RPM and your gear ratio, which is why the speed numbers don’t change when you add more motors. Adding motors increases your torque, not the maximum speed limit. The motor dropdown is there to calculate your total available wattage, giving you insight into whether your robot actually has the pushing power to reach that top speed on the field without stalling out!

I hope that answers your question!

The name was updated! Thanks again for the great feedback!

Website looks amazing! I like the MacOS themed window-in-window style.
I did notice that you left almost every word that should be capitalized as uncapitalized. Unless intentional, this should really be fixed.

This is blocked for me.

Actually, it does indicate you have to rethink the reason for having # motors rationale, as the rules about motors is total wattage, not # motors. Maybe separate the wattage feedback from gear ration calculations.

Thank you so much! I set-up the format a while ago using a pre-made package from the react community, although I forgot what I used :sweat_smile:
As for the lowercase theme, I did that on purpose for aesthetic purposes; I just like the casual feeling of it, although I realize it can be a bit annoying to read!

I can totally add another window for that, thanks a bunch!

It might be because you’re using a school or work computer and they automatically ban new or unknown websites! Try using a personal device or go on mobile (although the mobile UI is a bit funky right now)

I might be missing something, but whatever you set your ratio as it will say “requires (number of watts you put). So you can set the speed at 600rpm, and if you put 2 motors it will still say “requires 22w”.

I’m on mobile so I’m not sure if that’s just a bug, but maybe if it could say the actual recommended watts?

Sorry about that, I am currently debugging that specific feature! It should be fixed within the next 1-3 days!

Really cool, good work. Will try it out.

I also completely forgot to mention this; on the scouting page, there is a description that reads:
" During competitions, picking an alliance partner is difficult… so I created a program that picks one for you! Just fill in the necessary information for each team, click on the leaderboard tab, and BOOM; you have your ideal alliance partner! Please note that this does not save when you close the web app - I sadly haven’t figured out how to do that yet :D"

Basically, you input the teams you are interested in being alliance partners with for final selection, add some notes (and eventually match statistics), and the algorithm will tell you which team would be the best fit to yours (purely according to the math)!
This also works as a more organized notepad for teams during the competition, allowing them to write notes about each team, however, I am still working on the save mechanic. Currently, you can only export it as CSV.

Everything should be capitalized now! I hope that helps :slight_smile: