VEX IQ Risers

I was wondering if the risers will always be set in a certain way because otherwise it would be hard to program the robot if the risers are in different places in every match

3 Likes

If you are talking about the game elements, they have two configurations, team work challenge and skills challenge.

If you are talking about the risers the field sits on, they change from Event Partner to Event Partner. But they should not change your programming.

I mean where the risers will be placed on the field- Will they always be placed in the same place?

Looking at the manual, I think it robot skills challenge has a certain layout which will always remain the same and the teamwork challenge has a certain layout which will always remain the same. Correct me if I am wrong.

2 Likes

That is true.
20 Characters

ok thanks for the clarification

so just to be 100% certian, the skills challenge has the risers already in their group colours and teamwork challenge has them scattered

1 Like

You are correct. And the teamwork field has the colors scattered a bit more for more of a challenge.

OK thanks- but for teamwork, is it only driver control or do you also have to program?

(try page 7)
3 Likes

I would also recommend watching the game reveal video: https://youtu.be/wWHifxhOcuc

It will clear up most of your more basic questions.

3 Likes

already watched it 20 char

Well it seems that you are asking several questions that are cleared up within the first minute of the video.

3 Likes

not rlly but no big deal

1 Like

Yes rlly. (The question is literally answered within the first 40 seconds of the video)

But YOLO, right?

25 Likes

What’s the thread I have to post to get meme street creds on the forum???

8 Likes

Thanks man. Real cool.
:v:

not really lol- i onlyt started vex two weeks ago so im having a hard time understanding things due to my lack of common sense

1 Like

That explains a lot :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

lol what can i say…