VEX IQ Sample Code

Hello,

I’m working for an organization to try to teach STEAM to children via VEX IQ robotics. I took a look at the IQ builds page and while there are build instructions for robots of different challenge games, there aren’t example codes for these robots on the VEXCode IQ software (other than the clawbot template). I was wondering if anyone had sample code for these IQ builds anywhere? We’re looking for Python or block code.

The concepts for all the mobile robots are pretty much the same so.you can apply the same stuff to Flex, Stretch, Clutch or the Clawbot.
The Armbot is so cool but a different beast to program as setting the datum points all joints takes a bit more though.

But as a starter for mobile robots, some of these tutorials use Flex:

4 Likes

Thanks for the video, it will help out. The issue is that the code for it is module by module, and I’m looking for mostly complete code that would run on the robots as an example. Do you know if there are any resources for that anywhere?

No, I don’t think you will find what you are looking for.
The code would be specific to what the user wants the robot to do so complete sample code is unlikely to exist. You can see samples for various sensors and movements and then implement your own code.

3 Likes

Not examples dead on for a build, but I have been working on a series of videos teaching Vexcode Blocks for our students so they can review them at their own pace. We have a printed book with coding examples and links to the videos for in depth lessons on each.

I like to think of this as similar to the building blocks of the physcial Vex parts. I am hoping to teach them each of these blocks and then they can assemble them in any fashion they would like to make their own complete code. Once they understand these modules, they can add on layers of extra features to develop more advance thoughts.

Vexcode Blocks Lesson Playlist

3 Likes

The issue is that the code for it is module by module, and I’m looking for mostly complete code that would run on the robots as an example.