Vex Promoting “DRow for GDC” in “Tower Takeover”

Anybody wanna explain this? I noticed it at worlds yesterday. Don’t notice anything? Look at the robot brain…

14 Likes

Yep. Found at 2:23 in the game reveal. We knew it all along :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

Nice catch. :slight_smile:

41 Likes

@DRow did you know about this? what does it mean? is vex acknowledging memes as usual or does this have some deeper meaning?

3 Likes

A DRow for GDC image was in VEX’s April fool’s joke as well (and an interview at worlds). I’m assuming they are just taunting us at this point

6 Likes

They’re just in on the joke, nothing more or less. Or is it…? :thinking:

4 Likes

As the originator of the DRow Alliance, I am very proud that our meme has gone this far. I noticed this in the premiere at worlds, and started cracking up. It started as a joke that I made when I got bored, and now members of VEX and the RECF wear stickers on their badges, and make jokes during worlds. 7405P took a flag with them to RR and finals, and won the entire competition. Is this a coincidence?

In all seriousness, Dillon would be a great fit in my opinion for the GDC. He loves memes. If that isnt enough, he also is forced to read pretty much all threads on the vex forums, and is active in the community. He competed before, and still mentors robotics. Imagine how much brainpower this man has from reading almost every post on the VEX Forums. He also is part of the referee videos, so he obviously is somewhat familiar with the rules.

Unfortunately, he isn’t on the GDC yet. I’m not ready to stop until he is, or I graduate.

30 Likes

Forces you to become a super senior for the sole purpose of continuing the meme

4 Likes

Once you commit to a meme, you can never back down.

2 Likes

Does anyone know where I could get one of those Drow for gdc flags? I collect all kinds of flags (I own 19 3’x5’ flags), and I kinda want one…

9 Likes

I’m a junior. I’ve got another year of memes yet.

2 Likes

i got got : ((((

we trusted you jack what the flipping heck

1 Like

Man that was smooth.

1 Like

I want to flag that as spam, but I appreciate the meme too much to do so. Plus, this is in the meme-prone category, so…

2 Likes

On an actual note, looking up DRow for GDC on Google Images actually brings up a bunch of pictures! https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&…

1 Like

2 Likes

I’ll let you know if I ever make them for sale. They were kind of a niche thing.

2 Likes

But did anyone notice this:
DRow spotted. Also I’m going to have to rename my programs to DROWning now.

5 Likes

@DRow can we get an official confirmation on whether or not these are your hands?

2 Likes

The response from Vex’s CEO during skills finals…big sad

2 Likes