Vex Tipping Point Question and Strategy

Hello

After the tipping point came out, we assembled the field (don’t ask how we get it). There are a couple questions that I have in mind.

1. As the rule stated hoarding one goals, I could move the netral goal with the top branches having 8 rings and hoard it?

2. As the rules stated, 30 sec before ending, alliance aren’t allowed to touch others platform. But does it mean that we could put a goal under the platform and prevent the platform being balanced as I did it at the start of the driver period. Would that violate the rules?

3. Is it allowed to tip over other oppositions field element?

assuming this is the only goal that you meet the definition of hoarding for, than yes. Hoarding is when you are in possession of a goal in one of the two corners on your side of the field, you are allowed to hoard no more than one goal.

I don’t see what you’d accomplish by this. If you stop your own platform from being balanced, sure your opponents can’t fix it, but why would they want to if it hurts you? and if you stop theirs from being balanced, they can easily fix it since they’re obviously allowed to touch their own platform.

if it doesn’t violate any rule, than yes. But be aware that if by tipping opponent’s alliance goals you descore any of their rings, that would not be legal.

6 Likes
  1. Yes, by the definition of hoarding in the manual you could hoard the neutral goal with 8 rings.
  2. No, you could not put a goal under the platform in the last 30 seconds because contact with the platform is transitive which means you would be considered as contacting the platform.
  3. It depends. No strategies aimed at descoring rings from opponent’s mogos are allowed but you could tip over the neutral mogos.
2 Likes

As you post these strings of rules questions, would you also please tell us what specific rules in the game manual lead you to believe it is not allowed? If something is not specifically prohibited in the game manual, then it is generally leagal, provided no other rules are violated.

3 Likes