This thread will be used to publish updates to the VEX Toss Up Game Manual.
On May 3rd, 2013, The following updates were made to the VEX Toss Up Game Manual.
- All field diagrams have been updated to remove the extraneous tape line in the Goal Zone
- The definition of *Large Ball *has been updated to reflect the size after proper inflation. The overall diameter is now listed as 15.5-16.5"
- A new rule was added, <R13e> and reads as follows
The intent of this rule is to eliminate unsafe charging practices we saw at the 2013 VEX World Championship by certain teams. While many teams were using non VEX chargers in a safe manner to charge their VEX Battery Packs, we saw a few teams who were consistently overcharging their batteries in an unsafe manner. As such, to ensure safety and fairness for all teams, we have decided to restrict all teams to only charging their batteries with the VEX Smart Charger.
On May 10th, 2013, The following updates were made to the VEX Toss Up Game Manual.
Rule <SG8a> was added, and states:
The intent of this rule is to ensure that teams who deliberately force teams into Possessing BuckyBalls by dropping them on their opponents are punished.
Rule <R13e> was modified and now states:
The intent of this change is to make it clear that any VEX Charger is legal, including future models and discontinued models.
The Programming Skills Challenge Tiebreakers have undergone a small change in terminology.
This change removes incorrect terminology that was placed in this section.
On May 31st, 2013, The following minor updates were made to the VEX Toss Up Game Manual.
- A renumbering of the various figures in Section 2
- Fixing the references to the renumbered figures in various rules
- Removing a reference to an outdated Appendix
- Updating a reference to the more current VEX Sizing Tool
- Removing a reference to an obsolete figure
The following rules changes/clarifications were also made:
- The definition of Low Hanging was changed to the following: (New text has been bolded)
The intent of this change was to clarify that a Robot is never considered to be Hanging if they are touching the Bump.
- The Pinning rule, <SG3>, was slightly reworded as follow:
The intent of these changes were:
To ensure that the term “Robot” is used consistently.
To clarify that if a team backs off from a Pin, but then returns within 5 seconds, that the pinning count resumes from where it was left off.
<R15a> was updated as follows: (New text is bolded)
The intent of this change is to make it clear that all pneumatics components, with the exception of pneumatics tubing, may not be modified in any manner.
On July 23rd, 2013, The following updates were made to the VEX Toss Up Game Manual.
Appendix A - Field Specifications was as described in this Q&A entry. The intent of this change is to allow Drivers and Coaches more room to spread out during the match, without having them obstruct the view of the audience, referees, and field personnel. The images will be updated in the VEX Toss Up Game Manual shortly.