VEX V5 Override Bot ideas

My team built a bot in a week and a half (six hours) it works, but we hate it. Does anyone have any suggestions on intake designs, claws, or output? we are currently stuck between x-drive and tank drive for bonus information. thx ahead of time.

What’s wrong with your bot at the moment? If it’s a big part, you may want to re-design that part. My team built a 24-hour bot back in June, and we ended up significantly modifying most of it later.

For this year, I’ve heard that you really should be using omni wheels with a gear train, H drive. Most metas this year use that structure, from what I’ve seen at least.

Don’t want to give too much away, but feel free to experiment with lots of different mechanisms. Be creative with just what can win a match. You want to get a drivetrain that complements your style of play, a lift you can rely on, and a rocksteady toggle. This year, you can get 70 points with just toggling during auton (assuming you get the bonus) and just switching all the other toggles and finishing in the center, so prioritize getting a toggle that works.

I’d also heavily advise against an x,h, or asterisk drive this season purely because you cannot put much on top of it with a guarantee the entire chassis doesn’t collapse on you. I have already made a post on drivetrains and my recommendations, and ours can really complement any playstyle (which I gave a brief description of in the same post), so if you want to, start there.