This is my first year doing VEXU and my schools second. I have experience with VRC but with the ability to now use a wider selection of parts I’m a bit lost on what is best or at least what most teams go to for these parts. In particular Pneumatics Reservoirs, I have see the ones used by ILLini - (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lpa6kK4adc) and would like something of that size. Any other recommendations would always be greatly appreciated.
Hi! I’m a member of ILLIN1 and I’m pretty sure the pneumatic tanks we use are something like this from SMC: https://www.smcpneumatics.com/reservoircartidges.html
Purdue (team BLRS) also list a couple options for plastic tanks in their wiki: Commercial Off The Shelf Parts Library | Purdue SIGBots Wiki
In VEXU, you can buy pretty much whatever off-the-shelf pneumatics you want, as long as they are rated to 100 PSI.
The main advantage you get using plastic tanks over vex’s metal tanks is weight, as well as having access to different sizes to fit your needs.