What to tell incoming freshmen about robotics

So as the title says there are incoming freshmen coming to my school and I want to know what can I tell them about robotics to get them interested so they can sign up.

Thanks a lot :+1:

The food that you eat at comps. Kids these days really like food.

You can tell them about how you get to meet new people at comps and some tables have candy and trinkets. If they like writing, formatting, and/or photography you can tell them about notebooking too. You can also tell people who like driving RC cars about driving and people who like coding about coding (but those are pretty obvious :slight_smile:

  1. From watching and interviews students in competitions, you all are blowing the adults away with the amount of things you are learning. The level of fun and laughing I see is much higher than I saw at swimming events.
  2. Looks great for college. Learn CAD, design, programming, metal working, networking with peers, and make it your own.
  3. Can help you decide what field of study for college so you spend less time in college.
  4. Creative writing and technical writing skills that most will not have.
  5. Not as much physical activity as sports, but you can schedule around other activities easier.

These are the things that got me interested two years ago (I’m a middle schooler, by the way.)

  1. The people you meet. Robotics people have to be some of the nicest people ever, and they’re not nerdy if that’s what they’re concerned about.
  2. The things you learn. I’ve learned a lot about robotics in the past couple years, and I’ve learned a lot whether it comes to life lessons or coding and innovation.
  3. The competitions! I love competitions, they’re so fun!
  4. The practices. I don’t know if it’s the same way for y’all’s teams, but my team just goofs around a lot while working. It’s pretty fun!
  5. WEEKDAY TOURNAMENTS!!! My local Jewish school did one and it was the most fun ever!

The people you meet. Robotics people have to be some of the nicest people ever, and they’re not nerdy if that’s what they’re concerned about."

You’re funny