Where to start as beginner coder?

So I’m a first year coder, and I’m starting to code for my team and I’m doing it in c++, but I’m really confused. There are so many options for c++ like JAR and EZ and LEMLIB and idk which ones to use. I also understand that there is just the basic template given by VEX. Should I just use that one and then add things onto it? And if I do use one of the libraries, how do i properly credit it in my code, notebook, and interview?

Also what is PID and ODOM??

Sorry for all the questions

this is going to sound so stupid, but maybe pause on the text projects and start with block coding, it takes minutes to learn and seconds to de-bug.

Start on block, then python, then c++. Starting on c++ would be a nightmare for your first season especially on override. Don’t worry about sensors for now, and once you get into text projects (if you don’t already), ask your coach for a code combat/ ozaria module. Trust me, it works wonders.