1727G VEX Tower Takeover Early Season Reveal

1727G is proud to present our early season robot!

Motor Distribution:

4M 200RPM 1:1 Drive
2M 200RPM 1:1 Intake
1M 200RPM 1:21 Tray Pivot
Instagram: @team1727g

15 Likes

Your video is currently disabled.

You just have to watch it on youtube, playback was disabled for other sites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCB59rMBHVI&

2 Likes

Pretty brilliant! Not superb on the towers but really quick at picking up and placing stacks. Awesome work guys! :grin:

4 Likes

Very well made! This is a really strong start to the season.

4 Likes

Meta right here I’m calling it.

4 Likes

If u take one of the motors from the intake and use the extra one to put this on a lift, it would have great tower capabilities and should be able to create stacks of 12 cubes or more (possibly a DR4B, but a lot of torque will be needed due to the extra weight of the expanding tray).

You might have problems with clearance, but I think you’d be fine torque wise if you went with 1:7 100rpm.

@Yuanyang1727G
How were you able to make the intakes move inward to “clamp” on the stack of cubes. I have a design in mind but it would be a lot better with the capability to move out. If possible could you show pictures?

1 Like

I’m not sure how he did it, but you could use rubber bands to pull them towards the center and they would stretch as the intake expands

2 Likes

The rollers are mounted on joints on both sides. They are tensioned inwards by rubber bands, but when the tray pivots forward, paracord tightens and pulls it apart. IMG_20190601_182618

8 Likes