1727G VEX Tower Takeover Early Season Reveal

1727G is proud to present our early season robot!

Motor Distribution:

4M 200RPM 1:1 Drive
2M 200RPM 1:1 Intake
1M 200RPM 1:21 Tray Pivot
Instagram: @team1727g

15 Likes

Your video is currently disabled.

You just have to watch it on youtube, playback was disabled for other sites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCB59rMBHVI&

2 Likes

Pretty brilliant! Not superb on the towers but really quick at picking up and placing stacks. Awesome work guys! :grin:

4 Likes

Very well made! This is a really strong start to the season.

4 Likes

Meta right here I’m calling it.

4 Likes

If u take one of the motors from the intake and use the extra one to put this on a lift, it would have great tower capabilities and should be able to create stacks of 12 cubes or more (possibly a DR4B, but a lot of torque will be needed due to the extra weight of the expanding tray).

You might have problems with clearance, but I think you’d be fine torque wise if you went with 1:7 100rpm.

@Yuanyang1727G
How were you able to make the intakes move inward to “clamp” on the stack of cubes. I have a design in mind but it would be a lot better with the capability to move out. If possible could you show pictures?

1 Like

I’m not sure how he did it, but you could use rubber bands to pull them towards the center and they would stretch as the intake expands

2 Likes

The rollers are mounted on joints on both sides. They are tensioned inwards by rubber bands, but when the tray pivots forward, paracord tightens and pulls it apart. IMG_20190601_182618

9 Likes

Is the robot able to tilt enough such that it can score on both the medium and short towers? (I don’t expect this robot to score on the tall tower)

When scoring on the short towers, the cube simply drops a little further before hitting the cup.

Ok, thanks.
(20 char limit)

What locking mechanism do you use for the tray?

IMG_20190601_182637
Here’s a close-up of the lock. The two pieces of half c channel pivot out of the way to allow the tray to fold back for starting position.

6 Likes