Field Elements Legal Vex Parts?

So I was scrolling through vex V5 product pages looking for cool things that I could use and saw this and thought it’s listed as legal that’s funny.

Then I kept scrolling and all the field elements are listed as vex legal.

Now I don’t think this is legal but I can’t find the rule that says they are not legal. So they are legal according to the game manual.

One could argue that using polycarbonate from the Tip field elements wouldn’t count towards the plastic limit. And you could use the PVC pipes as well.

As well as the rings for some sick reason.

Can I use the crimping tool as a part of my robot?

Or how bout the field brackets?

So is this just an oversight of the rules, or can i just not read?

9 Likes

yo, lemme just pull up during Spin Up endgame with an expanding Tipping Point platform

17 Likes

forgot to mention that the whole field for this year is VRC legal as well.

Why is your robot a high goal with wheels?

Its listed as a VRC legal part!

15 Likes

This also goes back to this topic

3 Likes

25 Likes

Got it so I can’t read, but this does beg the question on why these parts are specifically listed as VRC legal. There is also the fact that in the way the red box is written field elements don’t apply, they are not Vex apparel, could be considered competition support materials, not packaging, and it is for robots.

Plus the game manual is contradicting its self.

Red box under R6

Using VEX apparel, competition support materials, packaging, or other non-Robot products on a VEX Robotics Competition Robot goes against the spirit of this rule and is not permitted.

And R6 a

Products from the VEXpro, VEX EXP, VEX IQ, VEX GO, VEX 123, or VEX Robotics by HEXBUG product lines cannot be used for Robot construction, unless specifically allowed by a clause of or “cross-listed” as part of the VEX V5 Product lines. For example, the Shaft Base Pack (228-3506) is a VEX IQ component that can be found on the VEX “Drive Shafts” page, and is thus legal: Drive Shafts - VEX Robotics.

The product that I listed are cross listed as part of the VEX V5 Product lines, and some of them could be considered not illegal under the red box depending on interpretation of “competition support materials” and what “non-Robot products” are.

1 Like

10 Likes

So sad we cannot use VEX cable cutting and crimping tool as a legal legacy claw replacement. :wink: :wink:

:crab:

3 Likes

How about legally increasing air storage?

15 Likes

does that mean that the tipping point plastic is illegal even if it is a custom-made part?

3 Likes

That’s a good point. We frequently used the flags from turning point for custom polycarbonate parts. We were never challenged on the legality of this. I guess unless there’s something I’m missing, the flags (and the platform top polycarbonate pieces from turning point too) are illegal.

1 Like

The flags from turning point are neither legal nor illegal because they are field elements, but because the material they were made from is a Vex legal plastic, that is polycarbonate less than .070 in thick, the flags can be used as a source of Vex legal material.

12 Likes