Flywheel Gear Ratios?

Aight so Im tryna make a flywheel to launch disks and i cant figure out a way to make the wheel spin fast enough. i have two motors connected to one wheel, but i realized that that only increases the torque. any ideas? thanks in advance

2 Likes

Use searchbar plenty of topics on this but if you cant search… 5:1 on a blue cart (60t gear (motor) 12t gear(flywheel)

1 Like

Using a 5 to 1 or 7 to 1 gear ratio(big gear on motor, smaller gear on the flywheel) seems to be the current trend, and would work single or double motor. Double motor would help the wheel spin up faster and allow for shooting more frequently, as well as making friction control less important. Blue motor inserts.

I should have mentioned that this is what i currently have. Those are blue motors by the way

1 Like

Use the search bar. This topic has been brought up before. If you don’t feel like using the search bar, there is a topic here that answers your questions:

2 Likes

Bro this is why the 74019 bois :100::100::100::fire::fire::fire::fire::scream::scream::scream:

amen brother :expressionless: :laughing: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :neutral_face: :no_mouth: :dotted_line_face: :face_in_clouds: :face_with_peeking_eye: :melting_face: :smile: :stuck_out_tongue: :blush:

9 Likes