I Built a Quadrupedal Drive

4 ratchets 4 legs 8 motors dozens of bands. Have the motors stretch the bands and then turn them the other direction to disengage the ratchet to have it jump

Am I allowed to put tennis balls on the legs for safety reasons?

The fall would probably bend some metal tho so maybe after it jumps slide a foam tile under where it’s gonna land or something lmao

Yea I was thinking foam pads and tennis balls.

DANG IT! My next plan was to make a pogo stick drive. I’ll think of something else though.

Oh of course! You don’t want to wreck the robot or it’s components! Use anything that you deem necesary for the safety of the robot.

I’ll let you have this one, if you let me have the flywheel drive…

EDIT: Offer rescinded, as I have figured out how I am to make the jumping drive.

Isn’t that just a really fast drivetrain?

I will note that with this design, just like all my others, I made CAD of my design before building it. If people want I could make a video going over how I come up with designs. Would that be wanted?

That would be very much appreciated!

Sand Flea Jumping Robot - YouTube something like this???

(again)

I was planning on using a strandbeest-style linkage, but I decided to go with a spider-style linkage due to a lack of shaft collars.

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but jumping vex drive had already been made by 323Z.

The Grazzh(OP)er

That uses pneumatics. It is cheating.

and now this is what i call innovation

Sure thing, I have just been challenged to use the linear motion kit and I have a different idea now.

See that I rescinded that offer a while ago…

I’m not making a jumpy boi

PS Taran

I would like your posts, but I’m out of likes

I think 59239D beat you to it
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cFTVYRQA1zwavr6E6