Need help with tray

So me and my team are trying to build a tray bot, but we don’t know where to exactly start for a tray and we already have a base ready but just the tray kinda confused us to start from scratch. Would anyone be interested in helping us out with a tray by showing pictures or explaining how to built it? It be really helpful for us and then we can move on to the next step of making a intake.

Check the 448x ri3d and documentary

1 Like

Please re categorize thread to VEX VRC Tower Takeover instead of VEX IQ.

go to 449X’s instagram and go to their link tree. There they have a google drive folder with all of there cad stuff. That should give you some ideas

3 Likes

could you provide the link? thank you

just seaarh 448x on youtube

1 Like

Please, you know the link to instagram or google driver of 449x, could you please provide the link. Thank you.

@langchen It’s linktr.ee/449X_ethereal

thank you so much. It is really helpful

20190910_140831
Here’s an image of my tray with two different intake types. The one on the left is the Pearl City style with flats supporting both sides and the right is a cantilevered style. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

E: some important takeaways. 1. Have the bottom half of your tray be solid. Cubes will do in diagonal and it’s important to have room for them to fall flat.
2. Make your tray as flat as possible when deployed. 3. You don’t need to make the bottom solid on the upper levels, just the sides.

4 Likes

Thank you, this really helps us out a lot

You’re welcome. If you need any more help with some design aspects of your tray please let me know. I’m adjusting my lift so I can get some good pictures of certain aspects of my tray