New Products - April 2021 (Zippy)

Look, we’ve all been there. You’re queuing up for your next VRC match when you realize that a key structural piece of your robot has come loose. You don’t have time to run back to your pit to find another nut and screw. What do you do?

Improvise with a zip tie, of course! Unless… you just never want to use screws to begin with.

Introducing Zippy! Because screw usings screws.

VEX_April_Fools_IG_040121

Zippy is a modified V5 Clawbot capable of (poorly) playing every VRC Game ever created. Don’t let that fool you, however. It’s still capable of scoring dozens of points in a single season!

Download the Build Instructions here, and make your own Zippy today!

89 Likes

I think this has the possibility to reshape the way new teams learn the fundamentals. Truly groundbreaking!

16 Likes

This is pretty revolutionary I must say.
Why use a heavy and cumbersome screw and nut when you could just use thousands of zipties?

24 Likes

Screw the design process. We have the step-by-step instructions to a world championship-caliber robot right here. You never have to build an actual robot again!

I bet it’s much more cost-effective than old-fashoned screw-and-nut techniques as well.

12 Likes

I’m already sold. SCREW my bot this is where it’s at.

1 Like

Just placed an order, can’t wait to use this for next season and every season thereafter!

15 Likes

Can’t wait to use it at a showcase event!

2 Likes

I think they must have gotten the idea from 8059

1 Like

Can I use my VEXdro to build this for me?

7 Likes

I believe the next season’s game required mass amounts of zip ties.

19 Likes

the real joke is the person that made this

1 Like

I found the build introductions really good.

6 Likes

Imagine grabbing Zippy’s arm in the dark and not knowing about Zippy

12 Likes

At least cut your zip ties to make them look nice. I except higher quality zip tie work from VEX :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

This is why the great companies hire interns.

4 Likes

71 PEOPLE CLICKED :fearful:

5 Likes

Well, the URL was kind of hidden. No way to see that its a YouTube URL.

New meta confirmed. Completely overpowered, please ban.

3 Likes

One of them was me, I wouldn’t put it past the VEX team to spend an hour tossing zip ties into the first few page of instructions. Want to troll, troll hard. Think of the minds blown if there were actual instructions? Rick was the easy way out, but I’m still going to give 5 out of 5 stars for the render.

5 Likes