One Motor Drive?

pls help must have suggestion for one motor drive.

It should be able to move. Maybe have more than one motor.

2 Likes

no i need one motor drive

Then you will get one degree of freedom.
Or, like the old remote control cars, you could set it up so when it drives forward it goes straight, but when it goes in reverse it goes left.
Or, you could use pneumatics to turn and have it drive like a standard car.

12 Likes

i will try that tank u

I hope this is a troll post. If you are genuinely considering a 1 motor drive for VRC, stop right now. You say you need it, but you need to be able to drive. With a 1 motor drive, you will struggle to line up with game objects, be slow, and have almost no pushing power.

2 Likes

It’s vexforum not vrcforum, probably just for a school project or something.

9 Likes

you could make a ratcheting gear to make right side move forward when the motor moves forward and left move forward when the motor moves backwards and watch chaos unfold as someone tries to drive it

You’re wrong. We NEED a champion for one motor drive. We in 7121B have been considering this for ages, but we can’t because we have to actually do well in the competitions. However, if someone could set a NEW standard…

Imagine just having a robot that has one motor drive and seven hooks, and it can literally just hold onto every goal

2 Likes

You wont even be able to drive with one motor and 7 goals
Get pneumatics? That will be way better than a one motor drive. Anything is better than a one motor drive. Anything. Don’t skip the priorities

1 Like

No, but you COULD just be sitting duck. You can camp with all the goals. Rules don’t matter, WE NEED 1 MOTOR DRIVE REPRESENTATION

1 Like

Good luck then
20charecters

1 Like

I think we need no motor representation. Pneumatic drive and manipulators.

2 Likes

I’ve been saying this for so long now. It’s time everyone went steam engine mode

2 Likes

Yep! The opposing team will just make sure that you camp on their side of the field.

5 Likes

While touching their platform!

2 Likes

I proclaim @UvuvwevweOnyetenye the first one motor drive representation!
Please make one of these robots and show us a reveal!

I TOTALLY want to see this too! (I love steam engines)
s-l300

pneumatic engine go brrrrrrrrrrr
EDIT:
This topic is in the wrong category. It should be in General V5

3 Likes

SOMEONE IN THE CLASS DID IT

I’m so proud of the new generation.

3 Likes

:smiley:
Now try to mount the battery and brain using standoffs to keep the weight low.
I’d suggest using smaller wheels to reduce weight, even if you have to gear up more to make up for lost circumference.

1 Like