PSA: Please stop asking about the 2020-2021 game unveils

With the recent canceling of VEX Worlds, I’ve seen more posts than I care to count asking VEX and the REC Foundation when the 2020-2021 competitions will be released, or if they can be released early.

When a date is decided, YOU WILL KNOW ABOUT IT.

95 Likes

giphy

32 Likes

Thank you

(20characters)

3 Likes

Yes. Yes! YES!
The game will be unveiled when it is unveiled. Until then, do something more productive with your time! (We all probably have too much)
Thank you DRow.

6 Likes

I disagree with this post but I will respect it

10 Likes

hey instead of thinking about next years game we can work on improving the teams
our team will be working on making a 3D model of the risen pit that I drew out on another forum post
we will also be working on building it
btw thank you DRow for this announcement

Elavated field designs if you want to build it you may (btw send me pics if you decide to stain it or decorate it in any way)

3 Likes

@DRow u should pin this thread so it dont get lost so more people see it and not ask

9 Likes

Yeah I get it but when will the next game be announced tho?

(Plz no ban, it’s only joke)

4 Likes

This is why we can’t have nice things…

16 Likes

The last person to make that joke in this thread had their comment deleted.

2 Likes

Fixed that for you. :wink:

35 Likes

Deleted or 1000 year suspended? Asking for a friend.

18 Likes

:eyes:

9 Likes

Let’s be honest. We’re all nerds here. We spend more time with robots and fellow nerds than most of us spend with, like, our special friends, (Boyfriends/girlfriends).

9 Likes

then think before you say next time.

That doesnt mean to make it locked.

Lets get it back on topic please.

5 Likes

Okay back on topic. People need to stop making new threads about the game unveiling and vex will release it when it’s ready to be released. We’ve just gotta learn to be patient and I think that about sums it up😂

4 Likes

True, but a lot of people don’t have school right now, and are not allowed to do much because of the current situation. There’s not much special about the planned date on our end anymore, so unless there’s something preventing them from releasing it, it should be relatively soon, in my opinion

3 Likes

well if we’re not allowed to do much with TT as it is because of corona, isn’t that more of a reason to just wait to release the game and try to give life more time to get back to normal before trying to throw ourselves into a new season?

1 Like

Jokes on you I don’t have a special friend.
Anyways though it is interesting how society tries to make us believe that if we don’t have a boyfriend or girlfriend then we are a failure. I have heard this many times. But in reality some of us don’t have time for that, with some of us having big goals to hopefully change the world someday. Regardless, if many of you all say there is nothing to do, that is a lie. There is always something to do, and if you don’t know where to start then find a problem or set a goal of what you want to do before this pandemic ends. If you think it’s hard to figure out, it’s likely not as I can pinpoint many things I can do during this time off.

14 Likes

For me at least, working on robotics is normal. I had planned my week to fit in time for a full rebuild, and now that the season is over and school is cancelled, I have a lot of free time that I’m not used to, and I would prefer to work on solving the next challenge. Of course we can always do more research and practice various things for the time being, but in my opinion robotics is more fun when you’re trying to compete against others.

6 Likes