Robot Doesn't Fully Turn in Autonomous

My robot doesn’t fully turn a 90 degree angle in the program. Most of the time, it turns well, but sometimes it only does what looks like a 45 degree turn.

Can you share the code for the turning.

1 Like

The turn velocity is at 10%

Possibly a hardware issue or something is blocking the code from executing fully.

1 Like

How do I fix it? (needs 20 characters)

Have you tried using the same block somewhere else to see if it was a code or a hardware problem.

1 Like

I have many other 90 degree turns, and they all work fine.

Now, my robot just turns in circles. First, it turns in the right direction just a bit, then it turns in continuing circles in the opposite direction.

I have a tournament on Saturday, so I need the program to work.

So the problem must be the program not the hardware or anything. @anonymouse Could you please send a video of the autonomous working just wanting to see.

1 Like

Lol my Saturday tourney just got canceled. Is there a chance you’ve entered you gear ratios wrong in the drivetrain? That messed up my team for a while

1 Like

It’s 1:1. (20 characters)

The video is not working, but did you use a gyro. The Gyro helps alot in autonomous and easy to program.

1 Like

I do use a gyro. (20 characters)

I think this is what happens: if it turns a bit to the left while it’s driving, it turns to the left 45 degrees when it’s supposed to turn 90. If it turns a bit to the right while driving, it turns a bit to the left, and spins in circles in the other direction. Here’s a picture:image

1 Like

Ya try doing 180 degrees, maybe that will work.

1 Like

Does the location of the gyro matter?

I think it has to be in the middle. There it is most afficent.

1 Like