SCA: Tower Takeover CAD Reveal

As this crazy year comes to an end, it is the time for many to disassemble their tower takeover robots and scrounge parts for the upcoming season. It doesn’t make sense to leave these robots together but for many teams and especially the teams that are saying goodbye to the high school VRC program, these robots represent years worth of hard work.

Hardware holds value as a part of future robots but CAD does not, and it’s a pretty nice permanent substitute.

Without further ado, I present SCA’s Tower Takeover CAD Reveal:

Senior Teams First :disappointed_relieved:

97963A
Cadded by @sarah_97963A:

97963A-2

97963A-3

5150J
Cadded by @mvas

5150J-1

5150J-5

4610D
Cadded by @ThirdDegree

4610D-1

4610D-4

224X
Cadded by @sarah_97963A and @Sylvie

224X-2

224X-5

Thanks for an amazing final season!

99999V
Cadded by @Xenon27

99999V-1

99999V-3

448333B
Cadded by @ThirdDegree

44833B_5

44833B_3

333A
Cadded by @Anomalocaris and @ThirdDegree

333A-2

333A-5

5090X
Cadded by @sarah_97963A and @ThirdDegree

5090X-2

5090X-4

The following google drive directory contains more renders and all of the STEP files. Feel free to download, and take a look for yourself. We’re very proud of these robots, and I think they’re a great tool for new teams learning the ins and outs of build quality.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZrWR2IAewpsRg7xUR6-bSFJ3oHa4DUXY?usp=sharing

Feel free to ask us anything you’d like! I’ll answer questions related to appearance or rendering, but @sarah_97963A @mvas or @Xenon27 can also answer any questions about assemblies. All models were rendered in Fusion 360, but some were assembled in Inventor. Which render is your favorite?

39 Likes

I also had most of the lift done, but my computer decided it wanted to not. I could only salvage the chassis and I gave it to @sarah_97963A to finish.

2 Likes

Not nearly a question, but these robots have some seriously good paint jobs. Very well done!

2 Likes

The paint jobs were done in CAD. They don’t look colored like that in their actual builds.

3 Likes

Still looks pretty cool though.

7 Likes

Thank you! They may be a bit unrealistic. I think it’s pretty hard to dye the rubber on the wheels or sprockets etc. in real life.

4 Likes

These took an incredibly long amount of time to make. For measure, I spent several days making the cad of my robot when I first built it. Then I redid large parts of the original cad to be as detailed as possible based on the months of tuning I spent on my final robot. Had worlds not been canceled. I probably would’ve did a color scheme similar to the one on the robot currently.

I also want to highlight the back end of the cad because I spent a great deal of time setting up everything and fitting tracking wheels on a 25 wide chassis (red robot):
5150J-99999V-2 (1)

20 Likes

What software did you use?

Inventor and Fusion 360.

These are hot, Great job.

Love the color combinations btw. blue and black FTW

1 Like

What Taran said, but I specifically used fusion 360

1 Like

The modeling was done on both inventor and fusion, and the renders were done on fusion.

1 Like

You forgot the coupler on the drive which is literally the most essential part of the base. Inaccurate smh.

16 Likes

Hey! @ThirdDegree! Where’s my coupler?

1 Like

Taran’s bot was created in the last 12 hours from scratch

11 Likes

You do have a point. That was some very fast CAD work. I’m thankful you had the time do to that.

1 Like

This looks like it took a lot of time to finish, good job!

4 Likes

Jeez! You guys are good. You must have spent a lot of time doing this. Looks really cool.

4 Likes

This looks amazing
20 characters

2 Likes

Thanks! Originally we wanted to do all of the robots in one family photo style render, but my computer struggled with 3. In retrospect the paired pictures probably look better anyway.

5 Likes